Robert Littlefield Buford III is a 5 th generation Austinite. Growing up in Austin, he was heavily into Austin’s thriving punk rock and skateboarding scene. After getting sent away to military school, he shifted his focus and went on to earn three college degrees (B.S., J.D. and M.P.H.). All of his degrees had a heavy emphasis on health and physiology related issues, including health law. This academic background lends itself well to his current law practice, which focuses on DWI Defense and Personal Injury.
Robert started his career as a lawyer in 1996 after a clerkship at John O’Quinn’s law firm in Houston. In 1998, along with Guillermo Gonzalez, he founded Buford & Gonzalez. In 2017, he transitioned to a solo practice.
With over 40 jury trials to verdict, he has carved out a reputation for winning “unwinnable” jury trials. He is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Out of the office, Robert is into physical fitness, classical guitar and skateboarding.
- Texas A&M University, B.S. 1992
- University of Denver, J.D. 1995
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, M.P.H., 1999
Admitted to Practice
- 1996, Supreme Court, State of Texas
- 1998, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Board Certified—Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization